This article sets out what levels of availability and support the client is guaranteed to receive as apart of Web Hosting service provided by Envesko Services.
Please note that Envesko Services offers multiple hosting packages each offering different levels of developer support. On standard and basic hosting packages, for example, developer support is restricted to bug fixes in design or functionality developed by Envesko Services. Support requests not relating to the former will be charged at our standard hourly rate. Clients on Premium Managed packages will receive allotted developer support each month which can be used for management and configuration of their products beyond the scope of normal technical support.
The purpose of this Agreement is to ensure that the proper elements and commitments are in place to provide consistent support and maintenance for website hosting and the website to the Client by Envesko Services.
The objectives of this agreement are to:
- Provide clear reference to service ownership, accountability, role and responsibilities
- Present a clear, concise and measurable description of website hosting to the client
- Match perceptions of expected service provision with the actual service support and delivery for both the website and website hosting
The SLA is an ongoing agreement with the Client. The SLA will be reviewed and updated on a periodic basis. Changes to this agreement will be governed in the same manner as to those outlined in the Terms of Service.
If the definitions or provisions of the SLA conflict with the Terms of Service, the Terms of Service conditions will apply.
If any specific terms in the SLA conflict with the Terms of Service, the specific terms in the SLA will apply.
If any specific services that are outlined in an Order or as agreed to between Envesko Services and the Client, those specific terms will apply.
2. Service Agreement
The following detail service parameters are the responsibility of Envesko Services in the ongoing support of this agreement.
2.1 Account Setup
Envesko Services will do a risk review on all orders prior to activation. There are instances where we may need to follow up with your order for clarification or to verify information provided.
You will be contacted via email at the email address supplied when your order has been activated and the next steps, or whether we have some further questions before we can activate your order. Most orders are activated the same day unless maintenance is being performed.
Envesko Services does retain the right to decline any order if in their reasonable commercial opinion are not satisfied with the information supplied.
2.2 Services and Scope
The service Envesko Services provides are categorized as the following;
Shared Hosting – Unmanaged. These are services that the product purchased is placed on a server with other Clients. Shared Hosting, Enterprise Hosting, Cloud Script Hosting that are not labelled with Premium Management are considered Unmanaged. The Client will receive limited support in the setup and maintenance of data and scripts within the service.
Shared Hosting – Managed. These are services that the product purchased is placed on a server with other Clients. Shared Hosting, Enterprise Hosting, Cloud Script Hosting that are labelled with Premium Management are considered Managed. The Client will receive support in the setup and maintenance of data and scripts within the service as outlined in the Premium Management Agreement.
Server Hosting – Developer. These are services that the Client is provided with a virtual or dedicated bare metal service as indicated on the order. The Client will receive limited support in the setup and management of the service.
Server Hosting – Managed. These are services that the Client is provided with a virtual or dedicated bare metal server as indicated on the order. The Client will receive full server management in the setup and management of the server.
2.3 Service Availability
Envesko Services guarantees 99.5% service availability per calendar month for all services.
Service is considered available if the following conditions are met;
Data Center – Power, cooling and humidity levels are monitored. If monitoring is not detected any abnormalities to these, the data center service is considered available.
Network – The network infrastructure is measured by the performance of a ping test. For those Clients using Envesko Service’s DNS, monitoring is conducted in the same manner. If the physical servers are responding to a ping test to an external monitoring node, then this service is considered available.
Server – Each physical server and the components to those servers are monitored internally to detect any abnormalities. If our internal management software that is additionally verified by external monitoring is not detecting any service failure, the server is considered available.
If any of the conditions above are not met and it is not considered a scheduled maintenance window, any downtime is considered towards the 99.5% service agreement.
If in the calendar month the service is unavailable for greater than 99.50%, a credit for 10x the time exceeding the 0.50% downtime allowance will be applied. The client would contact the Customer Service department to have an account credit applied within seven days of the end of the calendar month.
Example: If service dropped to 99.0% availability, 0.50% * 10 = 5%, service costs $4.99 per month, credit would be for $0.25.
The calculation to determine service availability is as follows:
(Minutes in Calendar Month minus Minutes in Calendar Month of Service Unavailability) / Minutes in Calendar Month
2.4 Service Assumptions
Assumptions related to in-scope services and/or components include;
- Changes to services will be communicated and documented to the client with a minimum of 30 days
This SLA does not cover service-related incidents caused by problems in the following;
- Client’s local area network or devices
- Client-provided internet connectivity or end-user software
- Entities inside a Client’s internal network including, but not limited to, firewall configuration, bandwidth shaping, local area workstations, or other services, equipment’s and software that have a potential bearing on the local networking environment
- Client’s domain names, which are managed by the client themselves or an individual or organization acting on their behalf
- Service requires which require major changes to any services or content will be considered a change request and chargeback
3. Service Management & Support
Effective support of in-scope services is a result of maintaining consistent service levels. The following sections provide relevant details on service availability, monitoring of in-scope services and related components.
3.1 Service Availability
Any planned maintenance that we require to carry out that will involve either a loss of service or a risk of loss of service, will be advised at least 2 working days in advance and will be carried out at a time to ensure the minimum amount of disruption as possible, based on service traffic analytics.
In the event support or increased wait times is predicted or planned, this will be advised at least 2 working days in advance.
In support of services outlined in this Agreement, Envesko Services will respond to service-related incidents or requests submitted by the Client within the following timeframes:
- Within 24 hours for issues classified as High Priority
- Within 48 hours for issues classified as Medium Priority
- Within 5 days for issues classified as Low Priority
3.2 Scope of Support
The following definitions will be used to determine the priority of a service-related incident or request unless Envesko Services and the Client agree on an alternative definition in their Agreement;
o The Client’s website has stopped working and the Client or others are unable to access your website
o The Client is needing assistance with the account, in either making changes or updates but the Client is not experiencing any issues with accessing your website, email account
o A general question that is not system critical
The priority of any service incident or request not defined in the above table information shall be subject to the agreement of Envesko Services and the Client.
All services have support for the following;
- Network issues – Envesko Services will provide support to investigate any issues in network performance or connectivity issues
- Hardware issues – As apart of Envesko Service’s monitoring as well as regular visual inspection will ensure components to the servers and related connected components within the data center are performing optimally, keep on hand and replace any components in a timely fashion to minimize potential downtime due to failure of equipment
- Server Management – any shared or server hosting that is considered managed has full server and script management. Along with full provisioning of servers and scripts being completed, updates to the server or core scripts are proactively managed with any patches made available. On servers, system software is managed, installed and updated as well. The Client will also receive support, troubleshooting and assistance with their Service or Account.